ESSLA’s Board of Directors meets regularly throughout the year; meetings are open to members and meeting minutes are posted to this page. The Board has five standing committees focusing on our activities and initiatives with a view to building on ESSLA’s accomplishments in preserving and protecting the Schroon Lake watershed as an all-volunteer organization. Those committees are:
- Administration—ESSLA’s governance and financial matters. Chaired by the President.
- Partner Relations—strengthening our partnerships with the Schroon Lake Steering Committee, local governments, sister lake associations, other like-minded and Adirondack Park organizations that have the clout and resources to protect our watershed. Chaired by Gary Karl.
- Environmental Stewardship—our signature efforts to preserve and protect the watershed, such as boat inspections and decontaminations, scouting for aquatic and terrestrial invasive species, and Eurasian milfoil harvesting. Chaired by Ev McNeill.
- Membership—retaining and growing the ranks of our membership. Co-chaired by Carol Molino and Bill McGhie.
- Community Engagement—our print and digital newsletters, Facebook page, website, the Floating Classroom, social events, volunteers, and our other initiatives for all of you who love Schroon Lake and River as much as we do! Chaired by Ross Schoembs.
Ours is a working Board of Directors with hands-on involvement in our programs and activities.
Board of Directors
914-456-3325In 2012 Stephen retired and joined the board. For forty years prior to then he was a senior partner at a law…